Frequently Asked Questions
Our soy candles are hand-poured in Montreal, Canada. We’re using clean burning soy wax, natural cotton wicks, and pure essential oils mixed with phtalate free, paraben free and petroleum free fragrance oils.
Depending on the collection, scented candles using pure essential oils only are labeled as such. Every ingredient is verified to be cruelty free.
Wholesale is welcome, please contact us for inquiries.
More info about our story here 🙂
- Soy wax is a vegetable wax made from the oil of soybeans. It is an entirely natural product that’s safe for your home.
- Soy is a renewable source unlike paraffin wax which relies in our dwindling supply of petroleum oil.
- Soy wax burns on average 40-50% slower than paraffin wax, resulting in long-lasting candles and giving you better value for money.
- Because they burn more slowly, the scent is gradually released; there won’t be an immediate wave of strong scent. This creates a more pleasant atmosphere for most people.
- Soy washes away with warm soapy water making it easy to repurpose your container once the candle has burned down.
- Soy wax is clean burning and doesn’t release toxins, carcinogens or pollutants which means it’s less likely to trigger allergies.
- Soy wax won’t release petrol-carbon soot like you get from paraffin candles meaning no oily black marks on your walls!
All prices displayed on KALAMIRA.com are in Canadian dollars (CAD).
Prices displayed exclude taxes and shipping costs.
Our products are shipped from Montreal, QC, Canada. To our U.S customers : Please note that you may be subjected to duties and taxes assessed by customs. These duties and taxes are the responsibility of the customer.
Please note that we are unable to ship to P.O Boxes
Currently, we only ship within Canada and Continental United States, and cannot take nor process international orders, unfortunately.
Please note that we are unable to ship to P.O Boxes.
- FREE economy shipping is offered on orders of $60+ or more (before taxes and shipping) within Canada, excluding remote & difficult to serve locations.
- All orders require 1-2 business days of processing time unless otherwise noted on the product page.
- Unfortunately, we do not currently offer free shipping in the United States.
- Shipping fees are subject to change. Orders may qualify for additional shipping charges depending on the size and bulk of the order. Customers will always be contacted before any such charge is added.
We’re shipping from Montreal, Canada, so our U.S customers may be subjected to duties and taxes assessed by customs.
Import duties & taxes are not included in our item prices and are the customer’s responsibility.
Most orders are processed and shipped from Montreal (QC, Canada) within 1-2 business days. You can generally expect your order within 3-10 business days, depending on your location.
A tracking number will be provided once your order has been processed and shipped. Please note that tracking information may not be available depending on your shipping address.
Please note that until the carrier updates their system with your tracking information, you will be unable to track your order via the online tracker. Your shipment confirmation email should include a link to track your order online. There may be some delay between the status of an order being updated on the website.
Custom candles are perfect wedding + baby shower favors, or that personalized touch to make your gift that much more special.
Our candles are customizable in every way–container, label, scent. Just mix and match our containers, scents and a fully custom label.
For inquiries please send us a message via our contact page.
Wholesale is welcome, please contact us for inquiries.
Minimum quantity required to qualify for wholesale prices.
Absolutely! Please note in the Special Instructions field during checkout that you would like your order to be shipped as a gift order. You may include a gift message of up to 500 characters, and we will package your item(s) accordingly.
- Always burn candles under supervision and never leave a lit candle unattended
- Always let the melt pool reach the container edge before extinguishing.
- Allow 1.5 to 2 hours for your first burn before you blow your candle out and make sure the melted wax pool has reached the container edge.
- Do not burn a candle longer than 4 hours at a time.
A large and untrimmed wick can curl into the melted wax pool and drown itself, harming your candle. On the flip side, don’t trim your wick too short or the flame won’t be large enough to function properly.
Our tip : between burns, trim your wick to 1/4″ to 1/8″. This will ensure the flame is the proper size and extend the life of your candle.
After an hour or so of burning time, you notice that the melt pool has reached one side of the container edge but the opposite side has unmelted wax. Why does this happen ? It’s because you are burning your candle on an uneven surface. Yes, it’s possible!
How to save your candle : rotate a full 180 degrees and allow the uneven surface to help the unmelted side to melt out to the edge. Then place the candle on an even surface to fully enjoy it !
We’ll say it again : always burn candles under supervision and never leave a lit candle unattended.
Do not burn candles near flammable items, or in the reach of pets or children. If your candle is smoking a lot it is due to the wick being too long, it’s important to trim the wick to 1/4″ to 1/8″. This will ensure the flame is the proper size and extend the life of your candle.
Candle containers get hot, don’t grab a candle while or right after burning.
Our glass jars are reusable. Simple wash the container out once the candle is finished. We don’t recommend using glass jars for food or beverage though.
Methods of payment
We accept payments by PayPal, Visa and MasterCard.
Note that you don’t need a PayPal account to make a purchase, we accept credit card payments.
When paying, our partner PayPal uses SSL encryption (Secure Socket Layer) which ensures the confidentiality of bank data and securing their entry and transfers via the Internet. The details of your credit card are encrypted and never transmitted unencrypted over the network. We are never in possession of your bank details.
TERMS OF PAYMENT
- Payment is due in full at time of order.
- In the case of payment by credit card, by providing the information related to them, you authorize us to charge your credit card the amount corresponding to the total price of the order including shipping cost. To this end, you confirm that you are the owner of the bank card to be debited and that the name on the credit card is actually yours.
- In cases where the flow of the required amount would be impossible, the online transaction would immediately be canceled automatically and the order is canceled.
Return and exchange
- KALAMIRA strives to provide an amazing shopping experience and superior customer service. If for any reason you are not satisfied with your order, we gladly accept exchange or returns within 30 days from the date of shipment and in new, unused condition with original packaging. Some items purchased through special promotions may be final sale, and therefore not eligible for returns (please refer to promotion disclaimers for the terms of each offer).
- Refunds are made to the original method of payment used for your original sales order, usually within 10 business days of package receipt.
- Contact [email protected] for more info on the return process, make sure you provide your order number within your email.
Due to the fact that we carefully handcraft our items, some of them may be out of stock, we’re sorry about that. Unfortunately, backorders are not available on our store. Please feel free to message us though if you like a particular item, we’ll make sure to restock as fast as we can.